As the chapter president of IABC-Colorado, it is with great pleasure that we announce our Call for Nominations for the 2016-2017 board of directors.
Are you or someone you know a good candidate for a chapter
Board of Directors position?
IABC Colorado is seeking nominees for the chapter’s Board of Directors. Service on the board provides members with an avenue to demonstrate leadership, meet other business communicators throughout the association, gain professional experience in new areas and uncover new career opportunities.
2016/2017 nominations are being accepted now through Thursday, April 21.
- Passionate about business communications
- A member in good standing of IABC and IABC Colorado
- Have prior volunteer leadership experience in IABC or another organization
- Willing and able to commit to the roles and responsibilities of the role
- Available for monthly one-hour meetings as well as two half-day strategic planning sessions during the term that runs from July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2017
Members may self-nominate or be nominated by another member of IABC Colorado. The IABC Colorado Nominating Committee will review all nominations and provide the current Board of Directors with a proposed slate. The current Board will vote on the slate that will, in turn, be provided to the entire membership for a vote no later than May 27.
Nominees will be informed of their status throughout the process. To review the board position descriptions, visit board member job descriptions.
Thank you to all of our current board members for their hard work and dedication this year. We are excited to see what the next board of directors will accomplish for this great IABC chapter. Please feel free to contact Sarah Thornton if you have any questions about the nomination process or IABC-Colorado in general.